Monday, February 15, 2010

4 months to burn?

Why not go to Colombia?

After reading and reading and reading and trying to determine what exactly I want to get out of a trip for the next four months I have finally chosen Colombia. Runners up are Panama, and Turkey.

I was all set to nab a flight to Istanbul when I noticed the flight price dropped $300 if I went a month later. And a round trip ticket to Central America right away was... that's right, $300. A "free" trip/new destination!

After my year in Korea (if I want to try another country at that point) I figure it will be easier (cheaper) to get to Turkey than South/Central America. Plus I want to visit with some friends in Germany at some point, the round trip from Turkey is really reasonable.

I picked up a 1 way, so if I am not feeling Colombia I can bail in April and still go to Turkey without blowing too much more cash than I was already planning on.




No comments:

Post a Comment